Muslim ministers reinstated in ministerial portfolios
Muslim ministers, who had resigned from their posts, have sworn in before President Maithripala Sirisena to their previous ministerial portfolios today (29).
Accordingly, Rauf Hakeem was sworn in as Minister for City Planning, Water Supply and Higher Education.
Rishad Bathiudeen – Minister of Industry and Commerce, Resettlement of Protracted Displaced Persons, Co-operative Development, Vocational Training & Skills Development.
Ameer Ali – State Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Rural Economic Affairs.
Abdullah Maharouf – Deputy Minister of Ports and Shipping.
Buddhika Pathirana – State Minister of Industry and Commerce, Resettlement of Protracted Displaced Persons, Co-operative Development and Vocational Training & Skills Development.
However, Ali Zahir Moulana, H.M Haris, and Faizal Cassim did not accept any Ministerial portfolios.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023