National Audit Bill passed
Posted in Local News
The National Audit Bill which was postponed several times was passed in Parliament yesterday without a vote.
The National Audit Bill is a key pledge of the Good Governance government which was to be adopted within the first 100 days of coming into power.
Deputy Speaker Ananda Kumarasiri notified Parliament that the National Audit Bill was passed with amendments.
The National Audit Commission, one of the independent commissions mentioned in the 19th amendment to the constitution will be established under this Bill.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023