National Audit Bill passed
The National Audit Bill which was postponed several times was passed in Parliament yesterday without a vote.
The National Audit Bill is a key pledge of the Good Governance government which was to be adopted within the first 100 days of coming into power.
Deputy Speaker Ananda Kumarasiri notified Parliament that the National Audit Bill was passed with amendments.
The National Audit Commission, one of the independent commissions mentioned in the 19th amendment to the constitution will be established under this Bill.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024