Navy arrests 15 fishermen engaged in illegal fishing
Posted in Local News
In two raids, the Naval troops have arrested 15 fishermen and seized four trawlers engaged in illegal fishing using prohibited fishing gears, this morning.
In one raid, a naval troop attached to the Northern Naval Command arrested one person with 950 kilograms of illegal fish catch using explosives in Mandathivu Island, Jaffna, while 14 others were nabbed off Arisimalai in Tincomalee sea.
The arrested persons with the items were handed over to the Pulmudai police and the Assistant Director of the Fisheries Department in Jaffna for further investigations.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
Using explosives by Tamil Nadu illegal fishermen should incur severe penalty. They should be heavily fined, lose their catch and trawlers and be imprisoned. Hon President should not have them released. Let a strong message be sent to Modi that SL means business. If they want a war let’s give them a war, with China and Pakistan as our allies, to counter India.
Jesus…! You need war more.? Is that a holly war or war on terror? Or war on fish? 🙂 war is for who make arms, the peace is for us to live. You’ve a western war-mind as you lost the faith of great peace giving buddhism. That’s miserable. Sinhala buddhists never want a war!