Nayana Dehigama meets President Rajapaksa with Asia-Pacific Young Entrepreneur Award
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma (Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Chairman and Managing Director of Epic Lanka Group, Nayana Dehigama was proclaimed winner of the 3rd Asia Pacific Young Entrepreneur award recently at Cinnamon Grand Hotel, Colombo. The event was organized by the Confederation of Asia Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI) as a part of its 24th Conference and Sri Lanka Economic Summit-2010. Ambassador Benedicto V Yujuico, the President of CACCI handed over the Asia Pacific Young Entrepreneur award to Nayana Dehigama at the ceremony.
On 28th August Nayan Dehigam visited Temple Trees to inform his achievement to President Mahinda Rajapaksa with the Chairman of Sri Lanka Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industries Kosala Wickramanayake and W.K.H. Wegapitiya. Nayana Dehigam, young and talented techno- entrepreneur who has created Sri Lanka’s premier ICT Company has won an unprecedented number of 33 local and international accolades during 2008 and 2009. The awards include the first ever Gold Award for Sri Lanka for commercial software at Asia Pacific ICT Awards in 2008. He was cited for entrepreneurial and business leadership, contribution to the social well being of the local communities, practice of good business ethics and support of the chamber movement in the region. Mr Dehigam is an active member of the Chamber of Young Lanka Entrepreneurs (COYLE) and popular as well-known patriotic entrepreneur. He actively engages in social activities where he mentors deserving entrepreneurs from rural Sri Lanka.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa congratulated Nayana Dehigam and Epic Lanka Group and said his achievements including winning such a prestigious awards has proved that Sri Lankan capabilities in terms of product excellence and entrepreneurial talents are second to no other nations in our region. We all can be proud of not only Sri Lanka as a country in the international arena, but also Sri Lankan professionals and entrepreneurs he further added. Picture is seen here Nayana Dehigam showing the award to President Rajapaksa at the occasion.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023