NINE RAJARATA UNIVERSITY STUDENTS APOLOGISE TO DEAN IN COURT
Nine student activists of the Rajarata University had to apologize before the Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences yesterday.
The student activists were produced before court with charges levelled against them for harassment and obstruction of a group including professor Ariyasinghe Langamuwa, while participating at a meeting of a banned organisation.
Anuradhapura Chief Magistrate and Additional District Judge, Dharshika Wimalasiri, insisted the case be closed after the students were ordered to bow down and apologise before the Dean.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023