No decision to field Anoma: Arjuna
No decision has been made to field DNA Leader Sarath Fonseka’s wife Anoma as the mayoral candidate of the Colombo Municipal Council at the upcoming local government elections, DNA MP Arjuna Ranatunga said yesterday.
Mr. Ranatunga who was among several Parliamentarians who visited former Army Commander Sarath Fonseka at the Welikada prison said the DNA leader had not made any directions with regard to the local government elections yet.
“If Ms. Fonseka is contesting she will have to contest as the common opposition Mayoral candidate but no decision has been made yet with regard to the matter,” he said.
Mr. Ranatunga said General Fonseka’s health condition had improved but another medical check-up was expected soon.
He said prison officials had assured that a fan would be fixed in his cell by next week. A fan was requested for him following doctor’s advice.
UNP Co-Deputy Leader Sajith Premadasa, MPs Ranjith Madduma Bandara, Ranjan Ramanayake and Tiran Alles accompanied Mr. Ranatunga to the prisons yesterday. (YP)
Source: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023
- ‘Palestine will win’: Sri Lanka businesses raise funds for war-ravaged Gaza November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka President leaves for Dubai to attend the COP28 November 30, 2023