No decision to hand over Norochcholai power plant to China – CEB
There has been no decision taken to hand over the Norochcholai power plant to China, the Ceylon Electricity Board stated.
Both nations are preparing to sign a memorandum of understanding regarding the power plant, CEB Media Spokesman Senujith Dassanayake stated.
However, Trade Unions claim that the MoU will effectively hand over the power plant to China and will endanger the job security of all the employees at the plant.
The CEB in turn denied that the MoU will effect such change but clarified that it concerned spare parts for the plant and related services only.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024