No decision to hand over Norochcholai power plant to China – CEB
Posted in Local News
There has been no decision taken to hand over the Norochcholai power plant to China, the Ceylon Electricity Board stated.
Both nations are preparing to sign a memorandum of understanding regarding the power plant, CEB Media Spokesman Senujith Dassanayake stated.
However, Trade Unions claim that the MoU will effectively hand over the power plant to China and will endanger the job security of all the employees at the plant.
The CEB in turn denied that the MoU will effect such change but clarified that it concerned spare parts for the plant and related services only.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023