No intention to be common candidate: Maithripala
Posted in Local News
“I have no intention to be the Opposition’s common candidate,” said SLFP general secretary and Health Minister Maithripala Sirisena at a media briefing at SLFP headquarters on Darley Road on Wednesday.
He said no one from the Government ranks would join the Opposition, but those in the Opposition were getting ready to join the Government.
He said so when a journalist asked him whether he was to be the Opposition’s common candidate. “Anyone can join the government, and the Opposition is now proving that they are yet to select a person who could come close to President Mahinda Rajapaksa,” he said.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
You have to understand that your party is weakening day by day. Weerawansa is decomposing day by day that Nandana Gunathilaka left the party challenging to executive presidency.
In immediate future family regime will collapse that is Ditta Dhamma weedaneeya Karma.