No organisation by the name of sharia campus: UGC
The University Grant Commission (UGC) yesterday said that no organisation by the name of Sharia University or Batticaloa Campus had requested permission to conduct degree courses.
Issuing a media release the UGC said such an institution located in Poonani in the Eastern Province had not been given authority by the UGC to conduct degree courses.
“The UGC wishes to state that, as per the University Act of 1978 (As amended) the University Grants Commission is only mandated only to “Plan and Coordinate University Education and Regulate the Administration of 15 State Universities that come under the purview of the University Grants Commission,” the statement said.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023