NSB gets new chairperson
Veteran banker W. A. Nalani assumes duties today as the new Chairperson of the National Savings Bank (NSB).
She is a graduate of the University of Colombo, with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics (Hons) and Bachelor of Philosophy in Economics.
She has a distinguished career in banking spanning over 37 years. Nalani completed her primary and secondary education at Anula Vidyalaya, Nugegoda and Vishaka Vidyalaya, Bambalapitiya.
She also has served as the President of the Association of Professional Bankers of Sri Lanka and the GM/ CEO of the Bank of Ceylon. She is also a Committee Member of the Alumni Association of the University of Colombo. Nalani was awarded with the ‘Zonta Award for excellence in the Banking Category in 2009.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023