Only government pharmacies will remain open
Acting IGP C. D. Wickramaratne has ordered police stations to ensure that all pharmacies and groceries, except state-run Osu Sala outlets, are closed during the curfew.
Accordingly, approval has only been granted for the distribution of medicines.
Also, it has been revealed that some supermarkets that have been permitted to deliver goods have been selling goods at their premises and therefore they have been ordered to close immediately.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023