Opposition Leader meets former security heads
Opposition leader Mahinda Rajapaksa has requested former security force chiefs to compile and hand over a report on combatting extremism taking their experience into account.
A special discussion was held last evening with the opposition leader and several former chiefs of security forces regarding the current situation of the country.
This was at his official residence in Wijerama.
Former defense secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, former chief of staff, General Jagath Jayasuriya, Former Navy Commanders, Admiral Wasantha Karannagoda, Admiral Mohan Wijewickrama, Admiral Jayantha Colombage, Former Army Commander, General Daya Ratnayake, Former Airforce Commander Air Chief Marshal, Roshan Gunathilake, Former IGP’s Mahinda Balasuriya, Chandra Fernando and former MPs Basil Rajapaksa and G.L Peries partook in the discussions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023