Parliament to reconvene on November 7 – Speaker
Speaker Karu Jayasuriya today said President Maithripala Sirisena has agreed to reconvene parliament on November 7 instead of 16.
He stated that the relevant Gazette notification will be issued soon.
The Speaker made this revelation at a party leaders meeting held at the Parliament complex today (02).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023