PICTORIAL WARNINGS ON PACKS OF CIGARETTES
Health Ministry Additional Secretary Palitha Mahipala seen handing over a picture of a sick child to NATA Chairman Carlo Fonseka.
The Legal Draftsman’s Department is drafting a law to make it mandatory for tobacco companies to display pictorial warnings on packets of cigarettes as a major step towards controlling tobacco consumption, National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA) Chairman Carlo Fonseka said yesterday.
Courtesy: Daily Mirror / Pix by Pradeep Dilrukshana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023