Police Special Task Force seizes explosives in the Victoria reserve
Several explosives have been found by the Police Special Task Force (STF) in the Victoria reserve near the 16th-kilometer post of Padiyapalella road, Kandy.
STF found these explosives based on a tip-off received by the Kalatu Oya Police.
STF has seized several explosives including four grenades, an anti-aircraft bullet, and nine bullets used in automatic firearms.
STF has defused the explosives and further investigations are being carried out by the Police.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023