Premalal Jayasekara eligible to vote
Posted in Local News
Election Commission (EC) sources said there was no hindrance for SLPP Ratnapura District Candidate Premalal Jayasekara, who was handed a death sentence by the Ratnapura High Court on 31 July, to cast his vote at the General Election.
Furthermore, in the event he wins the Election there would be no hurdle for him to be in Parliament, sources claimed.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023