President Gotabaya Rajapaksa was elected to fight corruption – Mahindananda
Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage says MP Ranjan Ramanayake walked out of the Supreme Court claiming it is corrupt adding it was an unfortunate statement.
Speaking during the adjournment debate Minister Aluthgamage questioned MP Harin Fernando on whether he was wearing the black shawl in favour of the statement.
Minister Aluthgamage requested persons to refrain from wearing the black shawl if they have ongoing Court cases against them, for their own safety.
On a separate note the Minister said although MP Anura Kumara Dissanayake expresses valid statements, people do not respect what he stands for.
Minister Aluthgamage refuted claims made by MP Dissanayake claiming the government issued a Gazette notification in violation of the law.
He stressed all circulars and Gazette notifications had been passed in Parliament, and were not issued illegally.
Responding to claims pertaining to a sugar fraud Minister Aluthgamage urged the opposition to provide him with the relevant details adding that he himself will lodge a complaint with the Criminal Investigation Department.
The Minister noted President Gotabaya Rajapaksa was not elected as the Head of State to allow corruption.
(Source: News Radio)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Reg Aluthgamages remarks on currupton I feel that it has increased and now we are between the devil and the deep blue sea not that the yahapalanaya govt was blame less it’s a question of the pot calling the kettle black .!!!