President instructs AG to investigate into the allegation in Australian website
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena drew his personal attention to the report published on Wednesday (Aug 24) in the Australian website Sydney Herald that stated some alleged incident of an employee of his office, when he served as the Minister of Agriculture and Agrarian Services.
The President states that he has no connection whatsoever in such an incident.
He also instructed the Attorney-General to investigate into the matter.
President Sirisena emphasizes that during his political career, he had never indulged in any form of corruption or malpractice or encouraged or involved in any such activity.
(Government News Portal)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
There is no smoke without fire.