President instructs AG to investigate into the allegation in Australian website
President Maithripala Sirisena drew his personal attention to the report published on Wednesday (Aug 24) in the Australian website Sydney Herald that stated some alleged incident of an employee of his office, when he served as the Minister of Agriculture and Agrarian Services.
The President states that he has no connection whatsoever in such an incident.
He also instructed the Attorney-General to investigate into the matter.
President Sirisena emphasizes that during his political career, he had never indulged in any form of corruption or malpractice or encouraged or involved in any such activity.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024