President instructs Police & Security forces to control underworld gangs
President Maithripala Sirisena has given strict instructions to the police and security forces to take effective actions under a joint plan to control the underworld gangs which are raising their heads recently in the country.
He made these remarks participating in the annual prize giving ceremony of the Sucharitha Dhamma School, Narahenpita, today (06).
The President emphasized that he will not allow any criminal to do any kind of harm to the public.
He also pointed out that the guidance and advices provided by the Dhamma schools are vital to take forward the country in a better and an exemplary way. The President further said that the Buddhist philosophy is the basis to make this country a better one.
Even though many countries in the world achieved the physical development, the spiritual happiness of the people living there is at a very low level and as a result of that at present there is a tendency to practice Buddhist philosophy in these countries too.
“ The Buddhist philosophy gives an influential example to promote reconciliation among the nationals,” he added.
The President presented certificates to the students of the Dhamma School during the event.
The Mahasangha including the most Venerable Welamitiyawe Kusala Dhamma Thero, Ven. Muruththettuwe Ananda Thero, Ministers Vajira Abeywardana, Daya Gamage and others participated on this occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023