President requests striking railway workers to return to work
President Maithripala Sirisena has requested all workers engaging in the railway strike action to report for work, taking into consideration the inconvenience caused to students who are to sit for the G.C.E. Ordinary Level examinations, as well as the inconvenience experienced by the general commuters.
The President also adds that an opportunity would be given to the railway trade unions involved in the strike action, to engage in discussion to clarify and come to a final decision in relation to their unresolved issues.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023