Prime Minister appointment: Sajith points to law
Posted in Local News
The New Democratic Front (NDF) Presidential candidate Sajith Premadasa has said that the law provides for the President to appoint the person who commands the confidence of Parliament as the Prime Minister.
Mr Premadasa made this remark while addressing a rally in Horana on Friday. He said the appointment of the Prime Minister was a minor issue as the law clearly stipulated the procedure.
“We had more complex issues within the party and we have resolved them successfully,” he said.
He said he had so far made only one decision and that was regarding the appointment of Feild Marshal Sarath Fonseka as the Defence and Law and Order Minister.
(Source: The Sunday Times)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Dear Patriotic Sinhala Buddhist Voters,
Please ensure the defeat of the Yahapalana / DNF comedians by voting for Mr GR.
We, the Tamil Speaking Voters, are silently supporting Mr GR similar to our polls boycott in 2005 which brought Mr MR to power.
This time, we will not openly proclaim our stand but 100% we are voting Mr GR, silently.