Prime Minister leaves for Bangladesh
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa left for Bangladesh a short while ago on a two-day state visit, the Prime Minister media division said.
He will join the celebrations of 50 years of independence and birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Many foreign leaders are expected to arrive in Dhaka to take part in the celebrations.
A 10-day special program kicked off in the city’s national parade square ground on March 17, marking Bangabandhu’s birth anniversary and the Golden Jubilee of Independence.
(Courtesy: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023