Prime Minister leaves for Bangladesh
Posted in Local News
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa left for Bangladesh a short while ago on a two-day state visit, the Prime Minister media division said.
He will join the celebrations of 50 years of independence and birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Many foreign leaders are expected to arrive in Dhaka to take part in the celebrations.
A 10-day special program kicked off in the city’s national parade square ground on March 17, marking Bangabandhu’s birth anniversary and the Golden Jubilee of Independence.
(Courtesy: Daily Mirror)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Hope Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s successor Hon Shiek Hasina (current PM, Bangladesh) agrees to vote for us in UNHRC against the tough western resolution on Monday 22 mar 2021.
That vote is crucial as India is likely to refrain from voting in solidarity with LTTE rump.
Will Hon Shiek Hussina be welcome in SL after we have banned the Moslem head-dress?