PUC approves electricity tariff revision
Posted in Local News
The Public Utilities Commission (PUC) has approved the revised electricity tariff proposal based on the directive given by the President to grant concessions to low income customers, the Secretary of the Power and Energy Ministry said.
Following the electricity tariff increase, President Mahinda Rajapaksa stated in his May Day speech that the increase will not apply for bills below 60 units while those using 61 to 180 units will receive a 25% reduction of the fuel surcharge.
According to the tariff revision users of 61-66 units tariff will be same as for 60 units while 91-96 units will be charged for 90 units while 121-126 units will be charged for 120 units.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
PUC, Public Utilities alias Political Utilities Commission has approved relief to the poor who were to be stolen.
Naduth Hamudurowage, Baduth Hsmudiruwage