Range Bandara released on bail
UNP Puttalam District MP Palitha Range Bandara, who was arrested on trespassing and assault charges this morning, has been released on bail by the Puttalam Magistrate’s Court.
The Parliamentarian was released on a personal bail of Rs 100,000.
Three individuals including Range Bandara were arrested by Police after Karuwalagaswewa Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman, Neil Weerasinghe, had lodged a complaint alleging that the MP had entered his residence this morning and assaulted him.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024