Ranjan Ramanayake further remanded
MP Ranjan Ramanayake further remanded until Feb 26 by Nugegoda Magistrate’s court, over the interference of the judicial matters charges.
He was arrested by the Colombo Crimes Division (CCD) officers at his residence in Madiwala on January 14 on the instructions of the Attorney General after obtaining a warrant and produced him in court on charges of interfering with the functions of the judge.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023