Ranjan Ramanayake permitted to pursue external degree
Former SJB MP Ranjan Ramanayake, who is currently detained at the Welikada Prison, has been given permission to follow a degree programme at the Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL), Prisons Spokesman Chandana Ekanayake said yesterday (11).
He will be allowed to take part in the course while adhering to Prison rules and regulations. Hence, the former MP will be allowed to use online technology.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023