Restructure UNP or 27 of its MPs will back no-faith motion against PM – Range
State Minister Palitha Range Bandara yesterday said the UNP had to be restructured or 27 UNP MPs would either vote for the no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe to be tabled on April 4 or abstain from voting.
Bandara said no other UNP leader had been humiliated in that manner.
Bandara was speaking at a meeting of the newly elected local government members in Anamaduwa.
He said, “I may be expelled from the party and stripped of the state ministership. But I am not greedy for those positions and ready to forgo them anytime.”
“If that happens, I will retain my parliamentary seat till 2020 and serve the public, he added.
(Source: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023