Retired engine drivers called for duty
Posted in Local News
The Sri Lanka Railways General Manager has requested retired engine drivers to report for duty on a contract basis because the ongoing railway strike had disrupted the train services, Railway Department sources said.
Several train services had to be cancelled because of the strike launched by members of the Locomotive Drivers Union and the Sri Lanka Railway Technical Trade Union.
Courtesy : DM Online
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023