Retired engine drivers called for duty
The Sri Lanka Railways General Manager has requested retired engine drivers to report for duty on a contract basis because the ongoing railway strike had disrupted the train services, Railway Department sources said.
Several train services had to be cancelled because of the strike launched by members of the Locomotive Drivers Union and the Sri Lanka Railway Technical Trade Union.
Courtesy : DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023