Commission on Disappearances to sit in Jaffna today
The Presidential Commission to Probe Disappearances will commence its first sitting in Jaffna today.
The Commission will be recording verbal submissions from 14 to 17 February.
Complaints will be recorded from 13 Divisional Secretariat Divisions including Valikamam-East (Koppay), Thenmarachchi, Chavakacheri and Jaffna from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Commission said people from Koppay, Irupaalai, Kalviyankaadu, Urumpirai and 10 other Grama Niladhari divisions can submit their oral submissions today.
Tomorrow’s sittings will be held in Chavakacheri, Maravampulo, Sanganai , Kalvayal, Nunavil, Mattuvil , Chandrapuram and 10 other divisions.
On 16 February, complaints will be recorded in Jaffna and Navanthurai Grama Niladhari divisions and on 17 Kolumbuthurai, Chundikulam and four other Grama Niladhari divisions.
The first sitting of the Commission took place in Kilinochchi last month.
Courtesy : Ceylon Today
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
This is an excellent initiative of the Mahinda Rajapaksa Government in line with the recommendations of the LLRC.
What we have failed to do is to draw the attention of the meddlesome “International Community” towards this initiative.
We should have invited M/s Navi Pillay-Silva and M/s Nisha Biswal Desai to participate in the sittings and deliberations of this Commission.
This is grass-roots listening to the woes of “affected” communities and such initiatives are not common in other parts of the world.
The proceedings of this Commission should be videod and provided to all UNHRC members.
hey whats happening ? they did those and having the investigations their own? moving cards like TN politicians?