Rishad Bathiudeen’s brother arrested over Easter attacks
Police have obtained a statement from the brother of Minister Rishad Bathiudeen in connection with the Easter Sunday Bombings.
He was taken into custody in Mannar by the Army and handed over to the Police for questioning.
Police Media Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekera said that subsequent to questioning he was released.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023