Rs. 25,000 traffic fine coming soon – IGP
IGP Pujith Jayasundera yesterday said he intended to implement the minimum fine of Rs. 25,000 for several traffic offences shortly as proposed in the 2017 budget.
Addressing his officers at the Police Headquarters at a ceremony to ring in the New Year, IGP Jayasundera said it was essential to impose enhanced fines as there were habitual violators of road rules and there was no reason why the law-abiding motorists should take exception to them.
(Source: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023