Rule of law must prevail even for criminals: Mangala
Posted in Local News
The rule of law must prevail even when dealing with criminals, tweeted the Minister of Finance and Mass Media Mangala Samaraweera.
He made this statement regarding a crime gang member being shot dead by the police.
He tweeted that the brutal murder of a Police Constable on duty in Matara cannot be justified by an equally brutal murder of the suspect while in police custody.
“The rule of law must prevail even when dealing with criminals. The brutal murder of a Police Constable on duty in Matara cannot be justified by an equally brutal murder of the suspect whilst in police custody. This is Yahapalanaya, not Yamapalanaya!!!”
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
Mangala represents Matara district as a minister. He sheds to many criminals and thugs in that area. Before anything comes out he jumps out to save his thugs like this.
This is called, Puhul Hora Karen dane’,
Mate, what about those criminals who operated under MR rule?
Many journalists disappeared and many found after the white van ordeal, with eyeballs bulging out of their sockets.
The people who made this happen are roaming free having corrupted Yahapalana judges to obtain prevention of arrest orders.
Mangy, if you wanna walk like the people of Egypt, shall join you in line 1, mate.
have our police no no right to self defense for before they are killed by criminals they should kill the ciminals