Russian plane crash leaves 27 dead
An IL-18 aeroplane belonging to the Russian defence ministry has crashed in Yakutia in Siberia with at least 27 fatalities, local media report.
The plane was carrying 32 passengers and seven crew when it came down in Bulun district in Russia’s far east.
Initial reports suggest that there are only five confirmed survivors.
Weather conditions were reportedly bad in the area when the crash happened early on Monday.
Three Mi-8 helicopters were despatched to the crash site by Russia’s Emergency Ministry.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023