Ruwan appointed as acting Defence Minister until President returns
Posted in Local News
State Minister of Defence, Ruwan Wijewardene was appointed as the acting Defence Minister until President Maithripala Sirisena returns from China, the Director General of Government Information Department said.
President Sirisena left for China today (13) to attend the Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations in Beijing, China.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
OMG, from the frying pan to the fire,
This guy is State Defence Minister not because of his capability but because he is the UNP Leader’s cousin being groomed for next level of leadership in the UNP.