Samagi Jana Balawegaya is the silver lining – Sajith
Leader of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya Sajith Premadasa says the era where the public depends on politicians to receive various benefits will be brought to an end after the General Election.
Speaking at a rally in Kesbewa Premadasa said the country is heading down a negative path due to such culture.
Premadasa added the party will work towards eradicating poverty and uplifting the middle class.
He vowed to work with transparency in eradicating poverty.
He noted that while a 6.9 million mandate was received several years ago, the people’s expectations could not be met, even though a transformation was created.
While terming the Samagi Jana Balwegaya the silver lining, Sajith Premadasa claimed a prosperous nation will be ensured that will benefit the country’s people.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023