SLFP Kelaniya PS member remanded for sexual harassment
The Negombo Magistrate yesterday remanded UPFA Kelaniya Pradeshiya Sabha member Milroy Perera, till December 18, for sexually harassing an 18-year-old student of a leading school in Colombo.
Police media spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana told The Island that the middle-aged suspect had attended a get-together on December 10 where he had hugged and kissed the young girl while being under the influence of liquor.
The victim had lodged a complaint on the same day with the Kandana police. The suspect, who was in hiding, had surrendered to the police on Sunday through a lawyer, the SSP said.
He said that the girl had been down stairs in her house and the party had been on the second floor where another family was living.
(Courtesy: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023