Additional Rs. 20,600 Million for increased allowances and pensions
The Government will incur an additional expenditure of 20,600 million rupees from next year for payment of increased allowances of public servants and for the payment of increased pensions.
Rs. 1,200 will be added to the salaries of the public servants as an allowance from 1st of January. The pension payment will be increased by 500 rupees and 350 rupees respectively based on their dates of retirement, also from 1st of January.
Secretary to the Ministry of Finance Dr. P.B. Jayasundara pointed out that in all the budgets presented by President Mahinda Rajapaksa since the year 2006 the salaries, allowances and pensions of public servants have been increased uninterruptedly.
(Courtesy: Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023