Additional Rs. 20,600 Million for increased allowances and pensions
The Government will incur an additional expenditure of 20,600 million rupees from next year for payment of increased allowances of public servants and for the payment of increased pensions.
Rs. 1,200 will be added to the salaries of the public servants as an allowance from 1st of January. The pension payment will be increased by 500 rupees and 350 rupees respectively based on their dates of retirement, also from 1st of January.
Secretary to the Ministry of Finance Dr. P.B. Jayasundara pointed out that in all the budgets presented by President Mahinda Rajapaksa since the year 2006 the salaries, allowances and pensions of public servants have been increased uninterruptedly.
(Courtesy: Government News Portal)
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023