SLFP suspends Membership and all positions of Five
The Vice President of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa issuing a Media Release said that the Sri Lanka Freedom Party suspended the memberships and all positions held by Parliamentarians Maithripala Sirisena, Rajitha Senaratne, Duminda Dissanayake, M.K.A.D.S. Gunawardena and Wasantha Senanayake in the Party with immediate effect.
The Media Release further states that the Party suspended the membership of these parliamentarians in terms of provisions of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party Constitution.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023