Speaker expresses disappointment over Hambantota incident
Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa today expressed regret over the incident where a group of UNP MPs were obstructed in Tissamaharama, Hambantota the electorate of which he is the SLFP chief organizer.
Rajapaksa stated that as opposition MPs they had all the right to inspect development work in Sri Lanka and also look into the financial data. We too looked into the affairs of the government while we were in the opposition, he added.
Hence what happened is Hambantota is unfortunate and should not happen again, Rajapaksa added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023