Special commodity levy on potatoes & big onions slashed
The special commodity levy imposed for a kilogram of imported potatoes and big onions has been reduced by Rs. 30 with effect from midnight (December 31), the Finance Ministry announced.
The decision was reached on the directives of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa, with the intention of providing relief to the consumers by reducing the current prices in the market, the ministry said further.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023