Special high court to hear fraud cases, declared open
Sri Lanka’s first Special High Court established to hear financial fraud and corruption cases, was officially declared open today (21) at the Hulftsdorp Court Complex in Colombo 12 by Minister of Justice and Prison Reforms Thalatha Athukorale.
The permanent High Court-at-Bar will hear cases daily involving money laundering, bribery and large financial crimes, dishonest misappropriation of property, and criminal breach of trust by public servants.
The ministry said it would establish three high courts to hear corruption cases and this was the first.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024