Sri Lanka bat against Pakistan in Asia Cup opener
DAMBULLA, Sri Lanka (AFP) – Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara won the toss and elected to bat against Pakistan in the opening match of the Asia Cup limited-overs tournament on Tuesday.
India and Bangladesh are the other teams in the four-nation event being held in the central Sri Lankan town of Dambulla.
Pakistan: Shahid Afridi (capt), Salman Butt, Shahzaib Hasan, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Umar Amin, Kamran Akmal, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Shoaib Akhtar.
Sri Lanka: Kumar Sangakkara (capt), Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Thilan Samaraweera, Angelo Mathews, Farveez Maharoof, Chamara Kapugedara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Muttiah Muralitharan.
Umpires: Billy Bowden (NZL) and Billy Doctrove (WIS)
TV umpire: Sanjay Hazare (IND)
Match referee: Andy Pycroft (ZIM)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023