Sri Lanka Cricket regains ICC full-member status
Sri Lanka has regained full member status of the International Cricket Council (ICC) after nine months of being relegated to Observer Status.
SLC’s newly elected President Mr. Shammi Silva today participated at the ICC Board Meetings ongoing in Dubai as a fully recognized Director of the ICC Board as per its constitution.
Mr. Silva’s participation and contribution at the ICC Board Meeting ensured Sri Lanka Cricket regaining its full member status of the ICC; after nine months of being relegated to Observer status, SLC said.
The ICC does not recognize political or other appointments and/or interference to national bodies as legitimate (Article 2.4 (C) (D) of the ICC Constitution) and SLC was on the verge of suspension if a legitimate administration was not elected by the end of February 2019.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
ICC credibility s questionable why was sri lanka relgated from full membership in the first place….The issue was Sumathipala whose credentials were not good for the siple reason he was a director of gambling organisation. In Sri Lanka cricket is politics and even the new chairman wassumed with the blessings of the minister of sports who wields a strong hand in cricket. Arjuna Ranatunga was in contention to be the chairman probably as a cricketer while holding a cabinet portfolio!
ICC for some oscure reason took to task Sanath Jayasuriya who at one time was the scourge british and australian cricket unfortunately ICC then could not accuse him of violating code of conduct!
The ICC is at one time was hegemony oh the exclusive tavern at Lords where decisions were made over mugs of beer!