Sri Lanka extends ongoing inter-provincial travel restrictions
Posted in Local News
The inter-provincial travel restrictions currently in place had been extended till October 31, Army Commander General Shavendra Silva said.
He said public behavior is vital to prevent the spread of COVID-19 but some people are behaving in an irresponsible manner and the decision to further extend the travel restriction was taken considering the situation.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Whether these inter-provincial travel bans are connected to the 13th amendment to the constitution or provincial elections or teachers salaries / farmers fertilizer protests ? There is no logic in that demarcation & many are puzzled ! People can change buses at the boarders & continue their travel easily it was observed.