Sri Lanka increases VAT to 12% & Telecommunication Levy to 15%
The Value Added Tax (VAT) has been increased from 8% to 12% with immediate effect, announced the Office of the Prime Minister today (May 31).
In addition, the Telecommunication Levy was increased from 11.25% to 15% with immediate effect, said a statement.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023