Supreme Court suspends presidential pardon granted on Duminda Silva
Sri Lanka’s Supreme Court today (May 31) issued an interim order suspending the Presidential Pardon given to former parliamentarian Duminda Silva, who was on death row for the murder of Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra.
Accordingly, the Supreme Court ordered for Duminda Silva to be taken back into custody.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023