Sri Lanka maintain winning run against West Indies
Sri Lanka beat West Indies by 30 runs within the first Twenty20 International on Monday to go 1-0 up within the two-match collection and prolong the guests’ dropping streak.
Having swept the check and one-day collection, Sri Lanka posted a commanding complete of 215 for 3 earlier than bowling out West Indies for 185 to make sure they cannot lose the Twenty20 collection.
Put into bat after a rain-delayed begin on the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Sri Lanka rode a flying begin to publish their highest rating against West Indies on this format of the sport.
Tillakaratne Dilshan (fifty six) prime-scored, including ninety one runs in a gap stand with Kusal Perera (forty) to set the tone for the innings.
Dilshan (1,538) additionally overtook former captain Mahela Jayawardene (1,493) as Sri Lanka’s highest scorer in Twenty20 Internationals.
After the openers departed, Shehan Jayasuriya chipped in with fast 36 runs to put the platform for an enormous complete.
Dinesh Chandimal (forty not out) and Angelo Mathews (37 not out) milked eighty four runs within the final 5 overs to take their workforce previous the 200-mark.
West Indies misplaced Johnson Charles to the second supply of their innings however Andre Fletcher (fifty seven) blasted six sixes in his 25-ball blitz to maintain them within the hunt.
Dushmantha Chameera bowled Fletcher with a slower supply to convey aid for the hosts earlier than Dwayne Bravo (24) and Kieron Pollard (26) briefly rekindled the guests’ hopes of registering their first win of the tour.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Good to trash WI in our own backyard? Can SL cricketers be consistent in the future?