Sri Lanka promoted as a COVID-19 free destination in UK
A leading UK Travel Consultant has recommended Sri Lanka as suitable travel destination to avoid fears of Coronavirus.
Paul Charles, the Chief Executive of PC Agency, a leading travel consultancy firm, has stated that it is ideal for a tourist or a traveller to visit a destination which boasts of a warmer climate, to avoid the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak, foreign media reported.
He had said this in an interview to Sky News, one of the leading media networks in the United Kingdom, according to Newswire.
When the host of the interview enquired him of the advice he would offer to a traveller or a tourist, he answered saying: “I will be heading somewhere really warm, to be honest, because it seems that the medical advice given states that any country which generally has a temperature above 29 degree Celsius has not reported Coronavirus cases.”
(Source: Daily News)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Once tourists with the virus before developing the symptoms (mainly high fever, that is the only thing being checked at the port of entry to SL) arrive in SL, that state of Coronavirus-free will vanish in a moment and epidemic will begin. See what is happening in the UK and how fast it is spreading. As far as I am aware from he media reports, a person with coronavirus is infective before symptoms start to appear. Inviting Brits or anybody else to visit SL at this moment will be utter foolishness though it brings in money. A full epidemic can mafe much more damage to our economy.
Excellent comment Indra,
This UK Travel Consultant (most likely a SL Citizen) is recommending SL as a “Safe” destination driven by profit motive.
The virus is spreading rapidly in SL, reports being tampered by Viyath Maga Professionals to demonstrate safety and keep the Big Boss happy.
The Army is having a field day charging people in forced isolation charging Rs 1,500 for breakfast !!!!