Sri Lanka reduces Import tax on maize
The Sri Lanka Government has reduced the import tax on maize with effect from last night (August 17).
Accordingly, the import tax of Rs. 75 on 1 kg of maize was reduced to Rs. 25 from last night, State Minister of Finance, Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said.
“The aim of this is to reduce the price of animal feed produced using maize,” he tweeted.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023