Sri Lankan arrested for recklessly driving concrete mixer while drunk
Posted in Local News
Kuwait Police have arrested an unidentified Sri Lankan for driving a concrete mixer under the influence of alcohol, reports Al-Rai daily.
The arrest came after several motorists called the Operations Room of the Interior Ministry complaining about the reckless driver along the King Fahd bin Abdulaziz Motorway.
At the time of arrest the Sri Lankan was high on alcohol. -Agencies
(Source: Arab Times)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Unfortunately there seems to be a big issue with majority Lanka and alcohol. Drinking is meant to be a social event where friends and family get to gather and a have a drink to relax and enjoy each others company. it is very disappointing that many of our people have got in to the habit of drinking every evening. It is now become a big issue for families. All you have to do is take drive to a Keels, Food city or Arpico and the liquor shops around 6.30 to 7.30 PM and you will see long ques of men buying alcohol and not food for their families.
The price of liquor keeps going up every few months but the ques are not getting shorter. So your guess is as good as mine. Who are the ones effected by tis issue other than the children.